Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

10 to 15 minutes of waiting to go to the login screen

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
elbraca

10 to 15 minutes of waiting to go to the login screen

#1 Post by elbraca »

I really don't know where to put this topic. It's one of the strangest things that happened to me using Linux in general and especially Debian.

I think the problem that I'm going to tell about how began to appear after the last update of Debian Stretch. It was after that or after the installation of libgconf-2.4, I couldn't specify it since I installed the library first and when closing that session I updated the OS.

-> I turn on my laptop, it passes the boot menu correctly and before arriving at the login menu it stays there without advancing on the classic black screen (with text). It isn't freezed, I've control and I can access the terminal through Alt + F'x '. The strange thing is that it keeps the black screen for 10 or 15 minutes and then goes to the login screen. Once the session starts, the operation of the OS is perfect. There's no reason to delay so much, last week was working extremely fast since I've an SSD. Even another laptop with Debian I've updated and installed that lib and I had no problems. I tried to do a fresh install of the system and it ended up happening the same thing after restarting.

The cooler works normal, there is no 'over-processing', there are no error messages, absolutely nothing. Everything is normal. If anyone can guide me on what is happening, I will thank you. Honestly given the circumstances I don't even know where to start...

Regards.

Dai_trying

Re: 10 to 15 minutes of waiting to go to the login screen

#2 Post by Dai_trying »

There have been a few issues like this one lately and one possible solution (worked for someone else) is in this post it might also work for you.

elbraca

Re: 10 to 15 minutes of waiting to go to the login screen

#3 Post by elbraca »

Dai_trying wrote:There have been a few issues like this one lately and one possible solution (worked for someone else) is in this post it might also work for you.
Thanks! I could solve it by installing haveged, as they propose in the thread that you said.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install haveged
Regards.