Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

error 0 waiting frame completion in dmesg

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
LouiRPI

error 0 waiting frame completion in dmesg

#1 Post by LouiRPI »

I am new in forum, i have a message "error 0 waiting frame completion" when i do "dmesg", however, my motion rpi module camera works perfectly, please help me to make disappear the error message.
Thank

kevinthefixer

Re: error 0 waiting frame completion in dmesg

#2 Post by kevinthefixer »

Please, more detail--much more! To start with, are you running a Raspberry Pi? Which model, and which version of the OS? Hve you asked in the RPi forums? If the only problem you're having is an error message, I'd simply ignore it. If you actually have a problem, you'd best describe it!

LouiRPI

#3 Post by LouiRPI »

Thanks for your reply, i am using raspberry pi 3 debian Jessie newest version, my only problem is the error message when i execute "dmesg", at the bottom of display, the message "bcm2385-v4l2 error 0 waiting frame completion", however my camera raspberry pi module works perfectly. I want just to make disappear the error message,or understand the cause of this message.
Thanks

kevinthefixer

#4 Post by kevinthefixer »

Well, the latest RPi operating system is Stretch, not Jessie, using a fork of LXDE. You're going to have a very hard time sleeping if you worry about every cryptic error you find in dmesg. If it ain't broke, i wouldn't try to fix it.

cuckooflew

#5 Post by cuckooflew »

If the OP was really interested or concerned about knowing more about this error message they could find out a lot about it, as common as it is.
What does bcm2385-v4l2 error 0 waiting frame completion mean
From 1 result:It'll happen on all Pi's with all Pi cameras! "Me too"s aren't going to help on this one.

It is only a warning which the framework then cleans up after, and this issue was only logged so that I don't forget to look into it (I'm one the ex-Broadcom people, and originally wrote a large chunk of the V4L2 driver).
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!