Organized kde installation and metapackets

Kernels & Hardware, configuring network, installing services

Organized kde installation and metapackets

Postby faziopesce » 2018-06-12 06:21

Hi, I want to install kde-plasma-desktop but without konqueror, so I'm going to install each packet of this metapacket manually except konqueror. Is there a way to keep this installation tidy, like flags or something to tell to apt/aptitude that this group of packets will "remain" together? Should I have problems with this configuration? What do you suggest?
faziopesce

Re: Organized kde installation and metapackets

Postby bw123 » 2018-06-12 10:37

faziopesce wrote:...
I want to install kde-plasma-desktop but without konqueror, so I'm going to install each packet of this metapacket manually except konqueror.

From what I can see in aptitude, there's a problem with that idea...

Code: Select all
  --\ Packages which depend on konqueror (23)
    --\ Depends (3)
p     kde-baseapps 4:16.08.3-1

--\ Packages which depend on kde-baseapps (2)
    --\ Depends (2)
p     kde-plasma-desktop 5:92                                                 
bw123

Re: Organized kde installation and metapackets

Postby arochester » 2018-06-12 10:46

A little bit more complicated than that. If you look at the kde-plasma-desktop page Konqueror is not listed as a dependency. https://packages.debian.org/stretch/kde-plasma-desktop

kde-baseapps is listed as a dependency. Konqueror is a dependacy of that. https://packages.debian.org/stretch/kde-baseapps

Have you seen viewtopic.php?f=16&t=104157&p=497542&hilit=+metapackage+kde+plasma+desktop#p497542 ?

One of the suggestions from confuseling is
Disk space is normally cheap, and it's often simpler to just hide undesired applications in the menus - see under 'Avoiding problems'.

Install the metapackages and just ignore Konqueror? Ok, it's not absolutely tidy but it is simpler.
arochester

Return to System configuration