Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

debian stretch and amd ryzen 3 2200G with graphic vega

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
rdsparla

debian stretch and amd ryzen 3 2200G with graphic vega

#1 Post by rdsparla »

Hello, I mounted a htpc with ryzen 3 2200G with integrated Vega graphics. I wanted to install debian stretch with a mate desktop, updating the kernel to 4.16 because it had no sound, and from kernel 4.15 comes with the open source amdgpu driver. I also did not get it to work, for this reason I installed ubuntu mate with which I got sound, but also many problems, black screen at the beginning, every black screen update, etc. etc. Debian has always been my preferred system. Now that kernel 4.17 is stable, and brings many improvements to the graph, I want to install the latter, but in the kernel update page in debian, it tells me that kernel 4.17 is in experimental, and in backports it is only possible update to kernel 4.16. I would be very grateful if someone can give me some advice. I think this technology is very new and Debian is not yet updated to work well. I also installed the proprietary amdgpu-pro driver but it did not work well for me. Can anybody help me. Thank you.

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: debian stretch and amd ryzen 3 2200G with graphic vega

#2 Post by sunrat »

Check MX forums. I think Stevo just backported 4.17.2 which should be compatible.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

stevepusser

#3 Post by stevepusser »

I don't know a lot about bleeding-edge AMD graphics, but from the headlines I see on Phoronix, I get an impression that you may also need the most recent Mesa stack you can get. MX has Mesa 18.0.4 backported in an experimental repo, and I backported 18.1.2 from Sid today, but haven't yet sent it up to that repo.
MX Linux packager and developer

rdsparla

#4 Post by rdsparla »

thank you very much