Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Error CUPS dot matrix generic driver

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
RafMass

Error CUPS dot matrix generic driver

#1 Post by RafMass »

I'm trying to set up a print server with a Raspberry PI 3, with Raspbian.
I installed CUPS, and I installed the printer driver (Epson FX890), and it worked correctly, but I need to print with the "generic driver", via sharing, from Windows.
With Driver: Generic Text-Only Printer, it prints correctly via lpr command, but when trying locally via CUPS through the GUI, it displays the following error log:

Code: Select all

E [03/Jul/2018:16:15:31 -0300] [Client 376] Returning IPP client-error-document-format-not-supported for Print-Job (ipp://localhost:631/printers/890g) from localhost
And by CUPS share from Windows:

Code: Select all

E [06/Jul/2018:11:15:05 -0300] [Client 120] Returning IPP client-error-document-format-not-supported for Print-Job (ipp://localhost:631/printers/s1) from localhost
How I can fix it?

arzgi

Re: Error CUPS dot matrix generic driver

#2 Post by arzgi »

RafMass wrote:I'm trying to set up a print server with a Raspberry PI 3, with Raspbian.
This is Debian user forum, try Raspberry forum. https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=66