Why is my Jessie system trying to upgrade to Stretch AGAIN!

Kernels & Hardware, configuring network, installing services

Re: Why is my Jessie system trying to upgrade to Stretch AGA

Postby Bulkley » 2018-08-27 19:56

Is it possible that Synaptic is an issue? While I use Synaptic for package search and small jobs I never use it for upgrades no matter how short. Yes, it is much better now than it used to be but it is still a GUI when CLI is more reliable.
Bulkley

Postby No_windows » 2018-08-27 20:07

Bulkley wrote:Is it possible that Synaptic is an issue? While I use Synaptic for package search and small jobs I never use it for upgrades no matter how short. Yes, it is much better now than it used to be but it is still a GUI when CLI is more reliable.

Anything is possible, but I see no reason to suspect it more than anything else. I like Synaptic, as it lets me see everything beforehand, and I'd have to click several times before I could accidentally install/remove/update something.
No_windows

Postby stevepusser » 2018-08-27 20:18

I think that jessie-backports left the "deb9" in a couple packages that they backported from Stretch security updates, but I'd like to see the whole package version for as many as you can provide. If you can't copypaste the data, a screenshot would be the next best thing.
The MX Linux repositories: Backports galore! If we don't have something, just ask and we'll try--we like challenges. New packages: Kdenlive 18.08.1, Pale Moon 28.1.0, wine-staging 3.17, qBittorrent 4.1.3, Liquorix kernel 4.18-13, Audacity 2.3.0
stevepusser

Postby No_windows » 2018-08-28 02:14

stevepusser wrote:...If you can't copypaste the data, a screenshot would be the next best thing.

I should have gone ahead and done that, but at the time didn't since I know that's normally frowned upon. I wish I could replicate it now, but it stopped doing it several hours after I re-started this thread. It was not a one time deal on the 26th. I reloaded the package information again right away and came up with the same updates. Then several hours later, after having made no changes, I was going to start trying to figure out the issue, it was gone upon the next package information reload. That's why I'm thinking it may not be a problem on my end, but something on the repo side.
No_windows

Previous

Return to System configuration