Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Exim/SA X-Spam-Report issue

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
kopeck

Exim/SA X-Spam-Report issue

#1 Post by kopeck »

Hi,

I usually can pound though Exim problems but this one's got me a little frustrated. Debian 9, up to date with a pretty vanilla Exim & SA setup. This morning email addresses that I send mail to fairly frequently started rejecting my emails with this error:

###

<A User>@fairpoint.net
host fairpoint.net.mx1.greymail.rcimx.net [208.80.206.92]
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
554 Failed: Malformed MIME field: X-Spam-Report:
Spam detection software, running on the system "<My Server>", has NOT identified this incoming email as spam. The original message has been attached to this so you can view it or label similar future email. If you have any questions, see the administrator of that system for details. Content preview:
Hi Everyone, We have our monthly meeting this Tuesday at the [0xC2] ...

###

As far as I can tell the X-Spam-Report field isn't malformed. I've had no other issues sending mail other than these @fairpoint.net address.

For the fun of it I commented out the line in exim4.conf.template that inserts the X-Spam-Report field, restarted Exim to see if that would at least let me work around the problem but Exim continued inserting the field anyway (not really sure why).

I guess my question is it seems at this point it's more them than me correct? I guess I would also like to know how to control what Exim/SA in inserting into the header.

Thanks,

K