LibDRM(bpo) Video looks not Ok

Kernels & Hardware, configuring network, installing services

LibDRM(bpo) Video looks not Ok

Postby bester69 » 2018-07-23 17:32

hi,

Ive upgrated to backports libdrm's and now videos looks like with less brightness or less quality in the codec copression.. I dont know what exactly is, thought its very tinny the difference i can see it, and gets the feeling something is not ok.

Any idea
bester69 wrote:There is nothing to install in linux, from time to time i go to google searching for something fresh to install in linux, but, there is nothing
bester69

Re: LibDRM(bpo) Viedo looks not Ok

Postby GarryRicketson » 2018-07-23 18:44

I dont know what exactly is, thought its very tinny the difference i can see it, and gets the feeling something is not ok.

I don't know what it is either. Maybe some error messages in your logs , or something that shows there really is something wrong ?
GarryRicketson

Postby bester69 » 2018-07-23 19:26

GarryRicketson wrote:
I dont know what exactly is, thought its very tinny the difference i can see it, and gets the feeling something is not ok.

I don't know what it is either. Maybe some error messages in your logs , or something that shows there really is something wrong ?

I think It has to be with ffmpeg version Ive installed and this libdrm version, Im going to install another ffmpeg version.. right now Ive installed 3.4.2-2~obs (from steve's repos), gonna try updating ffmpeg or rollingback to stable.. I will tell you if it fixed.
bester69 wrote:There is nothing to install in linux, from time to time i go to google searching for something fresh to install in linux, but, there is nothing
bester69

Postby bester69 » 2018-07-23 20:23

Ok, It was the codecs i was using.. Ive installed deb-multimedia (stretch-backports brach) (3.4.4), and It has installed more new packages I didnt have installed, so now It looks Ok with libdrm's bpo.

Thanks.
bester69

Re: LibDRM(bpo) Video looks not Ok

Postby stevepusser » 2018-07-24 00:13

I've found that ffmpeg, especially if you want to get va-api hardware decoding working, is sensitive to the Mesa and libva libraries it's built against. Mesa uses libdrm and libva as build-depends, so it's best to use versions from one repo instead of mixing them up like that.
The MX Linux repositories: Backports galore! If we don't have something, just ask and we'll try--we like challenges. New packages: mvp 0.29.0, Pale Moon 27.9.4, wine-staging 3.13, MPC-QT 18.03, Linux kernel 4.17.8, ffmpeg 4.0.2
stevepusser

Re: LibDRM(bpo) Video looks not Ok

Postby bester69 » 2018-07-24 15:50

stevepusser wrote:I've found that ffmpeg, especially if you want to get va-api hardware decoding working, is sensitive to the Mesa and libva libraries it's built against. Mesa uses libdrm and libva as build-depends, so it's best to use versions from one repo instead of mixing them up like that.

ok, that makes sense, I will consider it.

Thanks Steve
bester69

Return to System configuration