Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

LibDRM(bpo) Video looks not Ok

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
bester69

LibDRM(bpo) Video looks not Ok

#1 Post by bester69 »

hi,

Ive upgrated to backports libdrm's and now videos looks like with less brightness or less quality in the codec copression.. I dont know what exactly is, thought its very tinny the difference i can see it, and gets the feeling something is not ok.

Any idea
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

GarryRicketson

Re: LibDRM(bpo) Viedo looks not Ok

#2 Post by GarryRicketson »

I dont know what exactly is, thought its very tinny the difference i can see it, and gets the feeling something is not ok.
I don't know what it is either. Maybe some error messages in your logs , or something that shows there really is something wrong ?

bester69

#3 Post by bester69 »

GarryRicketson wrote:
I dont know what exactly is, thought its very tinny the difference i can see it, and gets the feeling something is not ok.
I don't know what it is either. Maybe some error messages in your logs , or something that shows there really is something wrong ?
I think It has to be with ffmpeg version Ive installed and this libdrm version, Im going to install another ffmpeg version.. right now Ive installed 3.4.2-2~obs (from steve's repos), gonna try updating ffmpeg or rollingback to stable.. I will tell you if it fixed.
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

bester69

#4 Post by bester69 »

Ok, It was the codecs i was using.. Ive installed deb-multimedia (stretch-backports brach) (3.4.4), and It has installed more new packages I didnt have installed, so now It looks Ok with libdrm's bpo.

Thanks.

stevepusser

Re: LibDRM(bpo) Video looks not Ok

#5 Post by stevepusser »

I've found that ffmpeg, especially if you want to get va-api hardware decoding working, is sensitive to the Mesa and libva libraries it's built against. Mesa uses libdrm and libva as build-depends, so it's best to use versions from one repo instead of mixing them up like that.
MX Linux packager and developer

bester69

Re: LibDRM(bpo) Video looks not Ok

#6 Post by bester69 »

stevepusser wrote:I've found that ffmpeg, especially if you want to get va-api hardware decoding working, is sensitive to the Mesa and libva libraries it's built against. Mesa uses libdrm and libva as build-depends, so it's best to use versions from one repo instead of mixing them up like that.
ok, that makes sense, I will consider it.

Thanks Steve