Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Network Manager doesn't work

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
Lynkato

Network Manager doesn't work

#1 Post by Lynkato »

Hi, I bought this pc:
Asus VivoBook N580VD-DM160T - Pro N15, Computer portatile da 15.6", (Processore i7-7700HQ, 2.8 GHz, SSD da 128 GB e HDD da 1000 GB, 16 GB di RAM, nVidia GeForce MX 1050), Oro/Metallo

I made an update with terminal but when I rebooted it, Debian can't start network manager.
Terminal returns failed with code=exited and status 127

Thanks

Bulkley

Re: Network Manager doesn't work

#2 Post by Bulkley »

Lynkato wrote:I made an update with terminal but when I rebooted it, Debian can't start network manager.
Did it work before you did your update? What version of Debian did you install? Did you install any firmware necessary for your hardware? Have you read any of Debian's instructions for configuring Wifi?

Lynkato

#3 Post by Lynkato »

Before the update only Ethernet worked. I've installed Debian 9 and without internet i can't install nothing (also for dependencies).

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

#4 Post by arochester »

What does your sources list show?

Head_on_a_Stick

#5 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Lynkato wrote: without internet i can't install nothing (also for dependencies).
Why can you not download the .deb file from the repositories (using whatever device you are using to post here) then transfer the .deb and install it manually?

Does ifupdown work for you?

https://wiki.debian.org/WiFi/HowToUse#W ... d_WPA2-PSK
deadbang