Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Safe upgrade to latest stable

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
ckosloff

Safe upgrade to latest stable

#1 Post by ckosloff »

I have a VM with Debian 8 and some websites loaded on it.
I would like to upgrade to latest stable version.
I know that I would have to load websites, but I will backup websites using Linux techniques: tarball files and save database with adminer.php.
Then I will load the tarball and uncompress in the default location of the webserver and restore database from backup, if all that is needed and the upgrade does not manage it.
SO , the question is: what is the syntax to safely upgrade to latest stable version?
Thank you.

bw123

Re: Safe upgrade to latest stable

#2 Post by bw123 »

upgrades are described in the release notes
https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/ ... ase-notes/
It's probably good to read it because there are a lot of changes that come with a new release and you can avoid having to research later with a broken system by being prepared.
resigned by AI ChatGPT

ckosloff

Re: Safe upgrade to latest stable

#3 Post by ckosloff »

bw123 wrote:upgrades are described in the release notes
https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/ ... ase-notes/
It's probably good to read it because there are a lot of changes that come with a new release and you can avoid having to research later with a broken system by being prepared.
Thanks, reading now.