Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Configuring iSCSI targets

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
lambo

Configuring iSCSI targets

#1 Post by lambo »

Hi All,

I seem to be a bit stuck on an issue regarding iSCSI and was wondering if anyone could offer some advice.

I've got a VM in vSphere of Debian 8.10 Jessie running that we utilize for a FOG imaging server.

It has three NICs attached.

eth0 is our default network for connecting devices to our network.

eth1 is used on a specific VLAN for connection to a Dell Equallogic SAN. 192.168.9.X

eth2 is getting set up on a different VLAN for a connection to a different Dell Equallogic SAN. 192.168.10.X

I can ping both SANs, I can see both targets. The connection to the SAN on eth1 was set up by my predecessor and I can log in and out with no issues.

When attempting to log in to the second SAN I get the following error:

iscsiadm: Could not login to [iqn information].
iscsiadm: initiator reported error (8 - connection timed out)
iscsiadm: Could not log into all portals

I am somewhat new to iSCSI connections in Debian / Linux and would appreciate any advice someone could supply me with on this issue.

I have everything configured for the VLANs and on the Equallogic side and vSphere side. I am just not sure why i cannot log in. Do I need a separate iqn to supply to the second SAN on eth2 so I can log in, or should I be able to connect to both SANs with the same iqn for Debian?

I am not sure what the issue is and haven't been able to locate many resources on the internet. Most of my searches come up with setting up multipathing for two connections on one NIC. But I want to set up two different NICs specified to connect to two different SANs on two different VLANs.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

-Z