Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian not able to connect to VPN

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
ASMPWH0212

Debian not able to connect to VPN

#1 Post by ASMPWH0212 »

I've been searching the web all over and tried every suggestion and solution I can think of trying and connect my Debian system to a VPN and it's driving me bonkers. I've done it once on Ubuntu and it was just plug and play. Maybe someone on here has a better understanding than I do on trying to get this to work out or maybe it isn't just me.

I apologize in advance if I sound like a complete noob. lol

Bulkley

Re: Debian not able to connect to VPN

#2 Post by Bulkley »

Start with the Web site of your VPN. That's where you should find instructions that are particular VPN. Other than that use Openvpn and use their instructions.

ASMPWH0212

#3 Post by ASMPWH0212 »

Okay, I will most definitely try that.

cronoik

#4 Post by cronoik »

Offtopic: Just a well-meant advice for future posts. The information you gave us could be summarized as:

- You can't connect to VPN
- You searched the web
- You tried everything
- It was easy with Ubuntu

Only the first point is useful for someone who wants to help you. What we want to know is what have tried, which software have you used and did this software gave you an error message. If Bulkley's advice doesn't help you, please give us some useful information for further instructions.
Have a nice day!