Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

undefined symbol: zpool_get_prop_literal

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
jgauthier

undefined symbol: zpool_get_prop_literal

#1 Post by jgauthier »

Running a zpool filesystem on debian stretch.v At one point, I was troubleshooting and needed to get a newer package from testing, so I added
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib to my sources.list

I forgot I did that. Many, many weeks go by. I decided to do an update, and I did an apt-get update, apt-get upgrade.

zpool is now busted.
# zpool
zpool: symbol lookup error: zpool: undefined symbol: zpool_get_prop_literal

When researching, some people had luck with upgrading the support libraries, but that did not work in this case (because they are the latest)

Any help would be appreciated. Otherwise, I'm going to try and figure out how to "roll-back" but it was alot of stuff.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: undefined symbol: zpool_get_prop_literal

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

jgauthier wrote:figure out how to "roll-back"
Restore from a backup made before you broke your system by adding testing sources.
deadbang

jgauthier

Re: undefined symbol: zpool_get_prop_literal

#3 Post by jgauthier »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:
jgauthier wrote:figure out how to "roll-back"
Restore from a backup made before you broke your system by adding testing sources.
If I had a backup to restore I wouldn't have even posted here.

But I think I might have something working. I removed all the spl/zfs packages.
Removed the testing source. I had to add back contrib sources (because that's where zfs stuff is), and then I reinstalled some packages 'apt-get install spl-dkms zfs-dkms zfsutils-linux'.

This rebuilt the modules for my previous kernel, and then I was able to run and mount my partition. At some point, I will probably clean install to remove the mixed packages. But that's another day.