DKIM postfix & BIND

Kernels & Hardware, configuring network, installing services

DKIM postfix & BIND

Postby maughanorama » 2018-09-16 01:47

Hey All
i was wondering if anyone can help me sort DKIM out.
i have a postfix mail server and bind all working as it should
i have a dmarc and spf setup in my zone file and works correctly however when i setup dkim i get

Code: Select all
opendkim-testkey: using default configfile /etc/opendkim.conf                                                                                                                                 
opendkim-testkey: checking key 'mail._domainkey.example.com'                                                                                                                             
opendkim-testkey: 'mail._domainkey.example.com' unexpected reply class/type (-1/-1) 

opendkim service is started with no errors
obviosly my domain is not example.com :)
also when i email say google.com and check raw data spf and dmarc work but dkim does not.

i have my dkim keys in my zone file and its correctly formated but still no dice

thanks in advance
maughanorama

Re: DKIM postfix & BIND

Postby p.H » 2018-09-17 08:50

maughanorama wrote:obviosly my domain is not example.com

It is not obvious to me whether you mangled the domain name when posting the output or the actual output contains example.com.
p.H

Postby maughanorama » 2018-09-17 12:13

don't know what you mean. I clearly say example.com is not my domain name. Basically means I substituted my real domain name for example.com. inwhat way would I have mangled it?
maughanorama

Postby p.H » 2018-09-17 14:00

maughanorama wrote:I clearly say example.com is not my domain name

That was clear. It was unclear why example.com was present in your post instead of your domain.
maughanorama wrote:Basically means I substituted my real domain name for example.com. inwhat way would I have mangled it?

This is what "mangle" means.
p.H

Postby reinob » 2018-09-17 19:02

maughanorama wrote:i have a dmarc and spf setup in my zone file and works correctly however when i setup dkim i get

opendkim-testkey: using default configfile /etc/opendkim.conf                                                                                                                                 
opendkim-testkey: checking key 'mail._domainkey.example.com'                                                                                                                             
opendkim-testkey: 'mail._domainkey.example.com' unexpected reply class/type (-1/-1) 

i have my dkim keys in my zone file and its correctly formated but still no dice

what's the output of
$ dig -t TXT mail._domainkey.example.com

(obviously after unmangling example.com...)
reinob

Postby reinob » 2018-09-17 19:06

@maughanorama,

Googling the error message took me here:
https://blog.thisispedro.com/index.php/ ... icted-dns/

Hopefully the "dig" above will help diagnose the problem.
Hopefully your bind configuration is actually OK.
You may want to replace -- at least for testing -- your resolver with an external, known-to-work, one.
1.1.1.1 seems to be a good choice.
reinob

Postby maughanorama » 2018-09-17 21:50

1.1.1.1 is my resolve and sorry I would have thought people would have realised example.com was to obfuscate my real domain...

Dig and Mx lookup comes back ok just Google fails it. Like I say my spf and demarc are ok... don't worry about it. Ill really do it tomorrow it'll prob work
maughanorama

Return to System configuration