Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

DKIM postfix & BIND

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
maughanorama

DKIM postfix & BIND

#1 Post by maughanorama »

Hey All
i was wondering if anyone can help me sort DKIM out.
i have a postfix mail server and bind all working as it should
i have a dmarc and spf setup in my zone file and works correctly however when i setup dkim i get

Code: Select all

opendkim-testkey: using default configfile /etc/opendkim.conf                                                                                                                                 
opendkim-testkey: checking key 'mail._domainkey.example.com'                                                                                                                              
opendkim-testkey: 'mail._domainkey.example.com' unexpected reply class/type (-1/-1)  
opendkim service is started with no errors
obviosly my domain is not example.com :)
also when i email say google.com and check raw data spf and dmarc work but dkim does not.

i have my dkim keys in my zone file and its correctly formated but still no dice

thanks in advance

p.H
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: DKIM postfix & BIND

#2 Post by p.H »

maughanorama wrote:obviosly my domain is not example.com
It is not obvious to me whether you mangled the domain name when posting the output or the actual output contains example.com.

maughanorama

#3 Post by maughanorama »

don't know what you mean. I clearly say example.com is not my domain name. Basically means I substituted my real domain name for example.com. inwhat way would I have mangled it?

p.H
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#4 Post by p.H »

maughanorama wrote:I clearly say example.com is not my domain name
That was clear. It was unclear why example.com was present in your post instead of your domain.
maughanorama wrote:Basically means I substituted my real domain name for example.com. inwhat way would I have mangled it?
This is what "mangle" means.

reinob

#5 Post by reinob »

maughanorama wrote: i have a dmarc and spf setup in my zone file and works correctly however when i setup dkim i get

opendkim-testkey: using default configfile /etc/opendkim.conf                                                                                                                                 
opendkim-testkey: checking key 'mail._domainkey.example.com'                                                                                                                              
opendkim-testkey: 'mail._domainkey.example.com' unexpected reply class/type (-1/-1)  

i have my dkim keys in my zone file and its correctly formated but still no dice
what's the output of

$ dig -t TXT mail._domainkey.example.com
(obviously after unmangling example.com...)

reinob

#6 Post by reinob »

@maughanorama,

Googling the error message took me here:
https://blog.thisispedro.com/index.php/ ... icted-dns/

Hopefully the "dig" above will help diagnose the problem.
Hopefully your bind configuration is actually OK.
You may want to replace -- at least for testing -- your resolver with an external, known-to-work, one.
1.1.1.1 seems to be a good choice.

maughanorama

#7 Post by maughanorama »

1.1.1.1 is my resolve and sorry I would have thought people would have realised example.com was to obfuscate my real domain...

Dig and Mx lookup comes back ok just Google fails it. Like I say my spf and demarc are ok... don't worry about it. Ill really do it tomorrow it'll prob work