Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

custom kernel, mouse stops working >= 4.18.0

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
hanasaki

custom kernel, mouse stops working >= 4.18.0

#1 Post by hanasaki »

Have a custom built kernel that works fine 4.18.0
Just built 4.18.4 through 4.18.11 (current as of today 2018-09-29)
:
zero mouse functionality in versions after 4.18.0
dmesg and syslog show the mouse at bootup and when unplugged/plugged (USB)
:
This is a kernel config that I have used for a long time only making required changes for newer kernel versions.
:
Thoughts as to cause, diagnosis, fix?
:
Thank you!

Segfault

Re: custom kernel, mouse stops working >= 4.18.0

#2 Post by Segfault »

Too many open ends.

1. What is a custom kernel for you. Does it mean you start with make allnoconfig and configure your kernel from there? Or does it mean you just do make defconfig or similar target and that's it?
2. How do you upgrade. Do you run make oldconfig and answer the questions or you just copy the .config over?
3. What mouse is it? Some mice may require extra options enabled (HID).

In any case, you could drop your .config into a pastebin for more eyes to look at it and/or you could bisect. Here is mine, in case you want to look at it, USB mouse works.

broelling

Re: custom kernel, mouse stops working >= 4.18.0

#3 Post by broelling »

I had the same problem in Sid after dist-upgrading to 4.18.01 some like two weeks ago. But after dist-upgrading to 4.18.02 today the mouse-cursor works again...