Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Missing wifi driver (failed to load brcm/brcm43xx-0.fw)

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
LorFioroni

Missing wifi driver (failed to load brcm/brcm43xx-0.fw)

#1 Post by LorFioroni »

Hello everyone, I've just installed a terminal version of debian on my computer. During the installation I've used an ehternet cable to have internet, but now that I've installed everything I would like to connect it to my wifi too (as It was with windows before).
Doing

Code: Select all

sudo ifconfig wlp3s0b1 up
I get the following error:

brcmsmac bcma0:1: firmware: failed to load brcm/brcm43xx-0.fw (-2) SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such file or directory
Searching on the internet I've found a lot of people with the same error, but I could not fix my error in any way.
I hope someone of you may help me,
thanks,
Lorenzo

bw123

Re: Missing wifi driver (failed to load brcm/brcm43xx-0.fw)

#2 Post by bw123 »

resigned by AI ChatGPT

reinob

Re: Missing wifi driver (failed to load brcm/brcm43xx-0.fw)

#3 Post by reinob »

LorFioroni wrote:Hello everyone, I've just installed a terminal version of debian on my computer. During the installation I've used an ehternet cable to have internet, but now that I've installed everything I would like to connect it to my wifi too (as It was with windows before).
Doing

sudo ifconfig wlp3s0b1 up
I get the following error:

brcmsmac bcma0:1: firmware: failed to load brcm/brcm43xx-0.fw (-2) SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such file or directory
Searching on the internet I've found a lot of people with the same error, but I could not fix my error in any way.
I hope someone of you may help me,
thanks,
Lorenzo
# apt install firmware-brcm80211