Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED] i edit my fstab and now i lost my system

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
DRAGSTER_TUNER

Re: [SOLVED] i edit my fstab and now i lost my system

#16 Post by DRAGSTER_TUNER »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:Can you now chroot into the formerly broken system from the other Debian on the disk?

It seems silly to have to load a live ISO when you already have another distribution bootable from the disk.
Indeed!

I cant guarantee i was doing something wrong when try to access the broken system by the other working debian. I think what solved the issue was the -rw option i used in the mount command (guess)

Head_on_a_Stick

#17 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Ah, I see, so @bw123 was on the right track all along, lesson learned there (hopefully).

Thanks for the comeback :)
deadbang

DRAGSTER_TUNER

#18 Post by DRAGSTER_TUNER »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:Ah, I see, so @bw123 was on the right track all along, lesson learned there (hopefully).

Thanks for the comeback :)
Yes, i think he was right, it was just mount it with the right option....in this case, a mandatory -rw option.