Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED] Display Not Properly Detected

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.

John Guy

Re: Display Not Properly Detected

#17 Post by John Guy »

Only a single component of my computer is made by Realtek, and that's the ethernet port, which I don't use.

stevepusser

#18 Post by stevepusser »

Well, then you can live without the firmware and with the error messages, though you could probably get rid of those by blacklisting whatever module the wired NIC* is using, so that the kernel never tries to load it in the first place.**

Have you tried any 3D games yet? It was my impression that you might also have to upgrade the Mesa libraries for a Vega GPU, but would be glad to be proved wrong.

*Install inxi and run "inxi -N".
** Left as an exercise in web searching. :lol:

BTW, my OBS repo doesn't have that pinning that kept your firmware from being automatic upgrades, but that also means the user must also take take care to only update what they want from my repo.
MX Linux packager and developer

John Guy

#19 Post by John Guy »

Thanks for the advice, but that was a long process getting my display to the right resolution. Even though 3D games run horribly on my computer (with Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.9, 128 bits) graphics), I don't want to fiddle with it for a while, and I realize my new question is off topic (my problem was solved), so I'm going to mark this as solved. Have a wonderful rest of 2018!

How do I mark it as solved?

4D696B65
Site admin
Site admin

#20 Post by 4D696B65 »

John Guy wrote: How do I mark it as solved?
Edit the subject line of your first post