[Solved] Am I Infected by a virus?

Kernels & Hardware, configuring network, installing services

Re: Am I Infected by a virus?

Postby pcalvert » 2018-12-31 00:25

These lines caught my attention:
bester69 wrote:
Code: Select all
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:sunrpc          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      -                   
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:ssh             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      -                   
tcp6       0      0 [::]:sunrpc             [::]:*                  LISTEN      -                   
tcp6       0      0 [::]:ssh                [::]:*                  LISTEN      -                   

Do you need to have an SSH server running? And I believe that it's probably not necessary to have portmap ("sunrpc") listening on all interfaces. From my notes:

You can configure portmap to listen only on the loopback. Uncomment the line in /etc/default/portmap that looks something like
"OPTIONS= -i 127.0.0.1", and then restart portmapper. That should allow gnome to talk to local RPC and keep remote hosts out.

Phil
“Property is the fruit of labor; property is desirable; it is a positive good
in the world. That some should be rich shows that others may become
rich, and hence is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.”
— Abraham Lincoln
pcalvert

Re: Am I Infected by a virus?

Postby bester69 » 2018-12-31 09:50

pcalvert wrote:These lines caught my attention:
bester69 wrote:
Code: Select all
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:sunrpc          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      -                   
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:ssh             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      -                   
tcp6       0      0 [::]:sunrpc             [::]:*                  LISTEN      -                   
tcp6       0      0 [::]:ssh                [::]:*                  LISTEN      -                   

Do you need to have an SSH server running? And I believe that it's probably not necessary to have portmap ("sunrpc") listening on all interfaces. From my notes:

You can configure portmap to listen only on the loopback. Uncomment the line in /etc/default/portmap that looks something like
"OPTIONS= -i 127.0.0.1", and then restart portmapper. That should allow gnome to talk to local RPC and keep remote hosts out.

Phil

Hi Phil,
ssh must be neccesary for kdeconnect, and I dont have that file in my system (/etc/default/portmap)
bester69 wrote:There is nothing to install in linux, from time to time i go to google searching for something fresh to install in linux, but, there is nothing
bester69

Re: [Solved] Am I Infected by a virus?

Postby bester69 » 2019-01-04 14:46

Solved by blocking incoming traffic with a firewall(gufw)
bester69 wrote:There is nothing to install in linux, from time to time i go to google searching for something fresh to install in linux, but, there is nothing
bester69

Previous

Return to System configuration