Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Port 26

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
jrvaldez27

Port 26

#1 Post by jrvaldez27 »

Hi.

I am observing on my Debian server that port 26 is associated with the RSFTP service, and I need this port to be used in a relay solution that requires port 26 with the SMTP service. You can help me by indicating if I can change the service to that port and how I can do it. Thank you

p.H
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Port 26

#2 Post by p.H »

I had never heard about RSFTP and cannot find any reference in the Debian archive. What package provides this service on your system ?

GarryRicketson

#3 Post by GarryRicketson »

I encountered the same, this RSFTP on Debian was not in any of the search results, any way, since the OP does not bother to give much information, and there were a lot of good results related to "How to assign a service to Port 26 on a Debian server" , I decided not to bother with this, I am sure the OP can find some instruction if they do a simple search.
You can help me by indicating if I can change the service to that port and how I can do it.
The search results indicate YES you can change the service to that port. They also go into detail on how, but the OP needs to help them selves, if they are not willing to give better details about the system.

Ynot

#4 Post by Ynot »

jrvaldez27 wrote:I am observing on my Debian server that port 26 is associated with the RSFTP service, ...
How are you "observing" that, please? If one has installed the "lsof" program, then as root " lsof -i :26 " will provide some useful information about the process.