Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Touchpad settings works only while at login screen.[SOLVED]

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
GRzenabI

Touchpad settings works only while at login screen.[SOLVED]

#1 Post by GRzenabI »

I have debian 9.6 stretch and I'm using LXDE desktop environment. I have my touchpad settings saved at /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50.synaptics.conf and when I restart lxde, touchpad settings are perfect, but as soon as I login touchpad is set back to previous state "as I hadn't configured /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50.synaptics.conf file at all". If I restart lxde, then touchpad settings are perfect again, but only at login screen.
Last edited by GRzenabI on 2019-02-16 18:22, edited 1 time in total.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Touchpad settings works only while at login screen.

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Does the `synclient` command work after you've logged in? Perhaps libinput is used for the desktop.

Have you checked the touchpad settings in LXDE?[1] Perhaps they are over-riding your configuration file.

[1] If it has a GUI configuration tool for that; I don't use LXDE.
deadbang

GRzenabI

Re: Touchpad settings works only while at login screen.

#3 Post by GRzenabI »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:Does the `synclient` command work after you've logged in? Perhaps libinput is used for the desktop.

Have you checked the touchpad settings in LXDE?[1] Perhaps they are over-riding your configuration file.

[1] If it has a GUI configuration tool for that; I don't use LXDE.
If I put the settings to 40-libinput.conf, touchpad settings still works only on login screen.
`synclient` command works fine.

GUI configuration tool has only tabs for keyboard and mouse.

it seems that LXDE has this file in /home/*****/.config/autostart/LXinput-setup.desktop which seems to run command ´sh -c 'xset m 10/10 100 r rate 500 30 b on'´ everytime I login.
If I remove that command it still makes it slow after login but I got it working by changing it to ´sh -c 'xset m 2/1 100 r rate 500 30 b on'´

thank you very much!

Code: Select all

*****@*****:~$ nano /home/*****/.config/autostart/LXinput-setup.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=LXInput autostart
Comment=Setup keyboard and mouse using settings done in LXInput
NoDisplay=true
Exec=sh -c 'xset m 10/10 100 r rate 500 30 b on'
NotShowIn=GNOME;KDE;XFCE;

elliottp

Re: Touchpad settings works only while at login screen.[SOLV

#4 Post by elliottp »

I had this exact same issue on Debian 10 w/ MATE and libinput. Mouse worked fine during login screen as per my /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf settings, but then after login my 40-libinput.conf file was ignored (as if it didn't exist!)

I wasn't able to find anything in the Debian docs but ArchLinux had https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/To ... ptics#MATE

To prevent Mate settings daemon from overriding existing settings, do as follows:
Run dconf-editor
Edit org.mate.SettingsDaemon.plugins.mouse
Uncheck the active setting.

That fixed it. Also FYI here are my 40-ibinput.conf settings (just in case someone else has this issue and refers to this thread):

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "libinput touchpad catchall"
MatchIsTouchpad "on"
MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
Driver "libinput"
Option "Tapping" "on"
Option "TappingButtonMap" "(lrm|lmr)"
EndSection