Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Write access to Synology no longer works

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
FrD

Write access to Synology no longer works

#1 Post by FrD »

I have two shares mounted on my Linux client via smb4k. I used to have RW access to those shares from my Linux client, copy files from client to Synology (albeit slowly), etc. Now I only have Read access: I can mount the shares, browse, open files, etc. but I cannot save changes to those files or copy new ones. I enabled NFS in Synology (it wasn't before) but that didn't make a difference.

I am tempted to say that this problem started after I disabled smb1 on my Linux client, my Synology NAS, and my Win10 client. But my Win10 client still has RW access to those same shares. I trawled google pretty extensively but I wasn't able to dig up anything that resembles my issue. I have a feeling this is going to be a duh moment but I'm not seeing it. Thank you in advance!