Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

eog changes with 10.0.x

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
techsavvy

eog changes with 10.0.x

#1 Post by techsavvy »

Greetings, I upgraded to "Buster" 10.0.x today, and notice that the eog-focused space bar no longer advances through wild-carded image filenames, requiring using the touch pad to select the GUI ">" etc.. Is this a configuration issue, please, and how to correct.

ruwolf

Re: eog changes with 10.0.x

#2 Post by ruwolf »

Eog-focused space bar?
Do you mean status bar of Eye of GNOME or something else?

techsavvy

#3 Post by techsavvy »

Sorry if that wasn't clear. Wthen the program is invoked e.g. "eog */stills/*" to view several recorded images from some network cameras, before the Buster upgrade using the space bar when the eog window is focused used to advance to the next image. Now I have to use the touchpad mouse to advance the images, which is more difficult for me.

ruwolf

#4 Post by ruwolf »

Thank you for your clarification.
It seems, that it was removed: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/eog/issues/6

techsavvy

#5 Post by techsavvy »

After a trial of various image viewers from https://blends.debian.org/imaging/tasks ... er.en.html, I chose pqiv as the eog replacement ... thank you.