Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

eth device number increases after each reboot

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
Varinaldo

Debian

#16 Post by Varinaldo »

Darci vc tem que instalar o kernel source e dar um apt-get install xmms e ele funciona

afterstep13

#17 Post by afterstep13 »

mongooseman1128 wrote:I've been having the changing Mac address problem for quite some time. I never noticed it before now because at home I have nothinng that it can mess up but here at school our computers are registered by mac address. Anyway, I'm fine with using macchanger and writing a script so the mac address at least seems static, but I do have a problem with what this appears to be doing to the card itself. On the extremely rare occasions that I use windows I've noticed that windows recognizes the card as having a mac address of all 0. I also noticed that the reported problem is with Asus boards. I on the other hand have an Nvidia board. Has anyone heard of this also being a problem with Nvidia mobos? Also, do you know if I find my cards true mac address and set that to be the permanent one will that maybe fix my problem with windows?
EDIT: I just wrote a script for using macchanger on reboot, but I realized that it doesn't work because at every reboot the name of the device changes. any ideas on how to get around this? (tried using eth* for the device name already)
try
http://debianletters.blogspot.com/2007/ ... ernet.html