Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

NAS mounting & rights issues

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
Marsupial

NAS mounting & rights issues

#1 Post by Marsupial »

I am having issues with rights managements when it comes to mounting a NAS folder on debian.

The NAS is an old thecus n2100 that has two options for rights management. Public (and I see it as drwx---rwx+ in debian) or per-user (and i see it as drwxrwx---+ in debian when I mount with the correct user)

I mount the drive in fstab like so
//192.168.0.104/media /media/NAS cifs vers=1.0,guest,uid=108,gid=65534,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777 0 0

I have tried many uid and gid with various results but this is the closest I could get to working; it can mount the folder and display file names, it can write new files and delete any files, but reading does not work, even on files created trough Debian.

The NAS folder works well when accessed on Windows machines in both reading and writing.

My guess is that rights are not properly lined up or that the NAS does not recognize the linux users.

I am not sure at that point what to try so any suggestions would be appreciated.