File server attached to torrenting seedbox behind VPN

Kernels & Hardware, configuring network, installing services

File server attached to torrenting seedbox behind VPN

Postby Kirby » 2019-11-20 03:39

I have been using a VPN for a couple months since there are now close to 15 major streaming services competing for my 40k a year salary. I used to torrent a while ago and stopped when my ISP started to shut off my internet. Now I want to create a server thats behind a VPN, that has a torrent client and a private file server to store my pirated movies. Then if possible send said movies to Plex which I currently have installed on an old pc running FreeNas. After some research it looks like running FreeNas with a VPN isn't a good idea. Therefore I am looking at linux as an alternative OS to run a server with these services. If this is possible, can someone point me in the right direction to start working on this project?
Kirby

Re: File server attached to torrenting seedbox behind VPN

Postby Dai_trying » 2019-11-20 06:47

Is piracy legal in California?
Dai_trying

Postby Kirby » 2019-11-21 03:09

Piracy is illegal in the entire United States, however the laws are unenforceable with the right measures. I'd rather pay 8 dollars a month for a VPN then 80 across 4 different platforms with varying content that can be yoinked if it's not popular enough. According to the forum guidelines piracy isn't a barred topic.
Kirby

Postby Hallvor » 2019-11-21 05:36

This is way over our heads, unfortunately. But these guys are the best: https://windowsforum.com/

Good luck!
Lenovo Thinkpad T440S, Intel Core i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, Debian Buster (KDE)
Hallvor

Return to System configuration