Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Strange - and annoying

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
Radvan

Strange - and annoying

#1 Post by Radvan »

After running Debian 9 KDE for years without any problem my HD starts running continuously. Looking in process table I see nothing extraordinary. When I reboot, a message pops up that Akonadi wants access to Kdewallet and "enter password". This happens every tome I reboot or shut down. Also, I can stop the disc running by disconnecting from web.
I have reinstalled Debian and the disc was ok for several hours even if I was connected to the web. Then, after saving a password with Firefox (most likely), the disc starts running again and, again, Akonadi wants access to Kdewallet. Therefore I have a fresh installation of Debian but I have solved nothing. R-r-r-raugh!!
Can someone help or hint what to do?

eor2004

Re: Strange - and annoying

#2 Post by eor2004 »

Hi, try disabling akonadi server and KDE wallet, maybe that works?
Debian 12 Gnome on a MSI H61M-P25 (B3) PC & on a Dell Latitude E6410 & HP EliteBook 8540p Laptops.
LMDE 6 on a Panasonic ToughBook CF-C1 Laptop.
Bodhi Linux 7 on a HP Compaq DC5750 Small Form Factor PC.
Windows 11 on a Intel DH55TC PC.

Bulkley

#3 Post by Bulkley »

Sorry, I haven't run KDE since Storm 2000 but if I had your problem I'd experiment with disabling or removing Akonadi. Look over here to Controlling the Akonadi server. Is Akonadi really needed? BTW, are you running Debian Stable?

Radvan

#4 Post by Radvan »

(1) Disabling wallet helped. Well, it enabled problems with passwords but I survive it.
(2) Yes, I am using stable Debian 9.

Head_on_a_Stick

#5 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Radvan wrote:I am using stable Debian 9.
Debian 9 is oldstable.
deadbang