Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

automated brightness switch battery - mains

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
tpprynn

automated brightness switch battery - mains

#1 Post by tpprynn »

I'm using the 64 bit Cinnamon edition of Debian 10 on both my laptops. They both have strong battery life but I would ideally have them use 30% brightness on battery and 90% when plugged in. The power manager as supplied seems quite minimal. Obviously it's no hardship to alter brightness manually but if there's a simple enough way to automate this as described I'd like to. Is there a script I could see, or is there a replacement power manager that would work, or another option I haven't considered? I am merely above average with my grasp of the nuts and bolts of tech and can just about imagine a script that reads whether the power adaptor is present and alters the relevant number in /sys/class but am stumped as to the finer points of the commands needed.

Thanks for any hints.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: automated brightness switch battery - mains

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

I think xfce4-power-manager can do what you want.

If not write a udev rule: http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html
deadbang