Keyring no more compatible with Netbeans

Kernels & Hardware, configuring network, installing services

Keyring no more compatible with Netbeans

Postby rik » 2020-04-11 10:04

Hi guys,
I've migrated from Mint 18 to Debian 10 Mate, and the only problem I've got is that Netbeans now asks me for a master password every time. From the Netbeans doc I understand it's because the keyring doesn't work or is incompatible.
They gnome-keyring seems OK to me:
Code: Select all
gdbus call --session --dest org.gnome.keyring --object-path /org/freedesktop/secrets/collection/login --method org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get org.freedesktop.Secret.Collection Locked

returns:
(<false>,)

Code: Select all
dbus-send --print-reply --dest=org.gnome.keyring /org/freedesktop/secrets/collection/login org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get string:org.freedesktop.Secret.Collection string:Locked

returns:
method return time=1586539994.076230 sender=:1.13 -> destination=:1.222 serial=6 reply_serial=2
   variant       boolean false

So, I've tested Buster with Mate, XFCE, Gnome classic, Gnome xorg, Gnome. Same problem.

Then I've taken another road: I've tested the same exact Netbeans+config on a VM Xubuntu 16 and it was working just like Mint 18 (both based on Debian 9). I've upgraded Xubuntu 16 to 18 to be on the same Buster base: Netbeans keeps working.
So I've compared in Synaptics those services with the word "Keyring" + Gnome in Xubuntu 18 that are not installed in Buster.

XUBUNTU 18.04
gir1.2-gnomekeyring-1.0
gnome-keyring
libgnome-keyring-common
libgnome-keyring0
libp11-kit-gnome-keyring
libpam-gnome-keyring

BUSTER
gnome-keyring
gnome-keyring-pkcs11
libpam-gnome-keyring

The missing gir1.2-gnomekeyring-1.0 ("Gnome keyring services library - introspection data") sounds like a possible culprit. Maybe also the missing libgnome-keyring-common and libgnome-keyring0
I can't find any of those libs in the Buster repo.

Any idea will be appreciated.
rik

Re: Keyring no more compatible with Netbeans

Postby rik » 2020-04-11 10:45

That bug was opened by me. :)
In the meantime I've found the main problem: the library libgnome-keyring.so is missing. Without that, Netbean doesn't use the gnome keyring.
How do I install such lib? I can find it in previous Debian releases but not in Buster.
rik

Postby rik » 2020-04-11 11:12

I see such package has been deprecated... and many other software have the same problem:
e.g.
https://github.com/IsmaelMartinez/teams ... issues/208
https://github.com/notable/notable/issues/725
etc.
So I suppose the only way is asking Apache Netbeans to use libsecret...
rik

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2020-04-11 11:37

Black Lives Matter

Debian buster-backports ISO image: for new hardware support
Head_on_a_Stick

Postby rik » 2020-04-11 15:32

OK, thanks. I've reported that to Netbeans.
Hope they will fix the problem... and not only that... I've noticed it has been completely removed from the Debian repo
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/netbeans
rik

Return to System configuration