Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

PortMapper on my Pi-server

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
DanneA

PortMapper on my Pi-server

#1 Post by DanneA »

What is the meaning of this answer from my Pi?

I try to make an Pi-VPN-router from the book ”Build a Smart Raspberry Pi VPN Server” and made a connection try with this command:

java -jar PortMapper.jar -s | grep ’Router Info:’

It do not work so well! I get this as a response, which is crappy...

INFO Creating router factory for class org.chris.portmapper.router.sbbi. SBBIRouter Factory
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException at org.chris.portmapper.router.sbbi.SBBIRouter.logRout
erInfo (SBBIRouter.java:259)
at org.chris.portmapper.PortMapperCli.printStatus(PortMapperCli.java:282 )
at org.chris.portmapper.PortMapperCli.start(PortMapperCli.java:176)
at org.chris.portmapper.PortMapperStarter.main(PortMapperStarter.java:17)

But what does it mean? What is missing or what is wrong. Please giv me a clue…
The old green again...

pylkko

Re: PortMapper on my Pi-server

#2 Post by pylkko »

You need to offer more information, otherwise it is not possible to say. Could it be that you are following an old instruction that was valid for a older version of the operaring system?

If you want to figure out (for the purpose of learning) what is going on, then show here the exact instructions you followed, all the error messages in all logs and what versions of specifically what software you are using (especially if they are not the ones in standard Debian).

However, if you just want a working VPN server, as far as I knwo there are multiple VPN-setups for raspberry pi that work straight out-of-the-box, all you do is install the OS image and it contains all the packages you need.

DanneA

#3 Post by DanneA »

Yes, I struggle to learn by doing which is a hard way... :?

I have loaded the Pi with Rasbian Buster Light and the book that I follow is Raspbian Jessie Light inspired.
In the book they use MiniUPnp which I installed and checked that it worked with the command:

upnpc -s

Hmmm...
I see that I do not need PortMapper if I get the right answer from upnpc. It is hard to learn by doing but it is in some way fun in all presentation of problems. Just the command line is an adventure to master.
I struggle on, thanks for the answer.
Mr green :D

Head_on_a_Stick

#4 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

DanneA wrote:I have loaded the Pi with Rasbian Buster Light
That is not supported here, ask on the Raspbian forums instead.
deadbang