Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Network card bitrate blocked at 87mbps

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
anapol

Re: Network card bitrate blocked at 87mbps

#16 Post by anapol »

wizard10000 wrote:iwlwifi will run much quicker than that but sometimes requires a little driver tweaking for optimal performance. Pretty good thread here -

http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=121696

Code: Select all

# modinfo iwlwifi
will show you what driver options are available.

good luck -
Hello and thanks for reply,

I think iwlwifi is only related to wireless intel adapter. Anyway I upgraded it to latest package avaliable and nothing changes.
I still have to try the advice of andre@home, I will try different bootable distro.

anapol

#17 Post by anapol »

andre@home wrote:Suppose you would do some test like with a bootable USB stick:
Take e.g. Debian Live, Bunsenlabs Live (pretty fast, Debian based) and some other Distro like OpenSuse based.
Look if they recognize your WiFi card else take another distro so you can compared the "Live-USB" speeds.
Check the driver from them and then the fast ones are very interesting to see how you may get to those drivers....
Or you find out they use the same driver... but looking in their setup you maybe can find the differences so you know what might help.... and try that, if it makes sense based on working hypothesis that there's logic behind the differences...
Nothing changes. I focused on the internal Atheros PCI card which also works badly with Ubuntu, Bunsen and other Rhel based distro. I think that with the drivers installed it cannot recognize 802.11n protocol (in fact I don't see any 5Ghz SSID networks), besides other limits probably.

My PCI Wireless card is : Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565 Wireless network adapter with last ath9k drivers installed and It supports IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n protocols.

No hope I think. :cry:

andre@home

#18 Post by andre@home »

OK, a pity... but at ;east you know your limits now for sure.

Is this result in line what the chips can do according their specs?
And no 5GHz?

anapol

#19 Post by anapol »

andre@home wrote:OK, a pity... but at ;east you know your limits now for sure.

Is this result in line what the chips can do according their specs?
And no 5GHz?
The network card shoud work at 5Ghz according to specs, but is not so.
I have no other idea. Maybe I should consider buying a usb dongle different from Realtek and Atheros? Ralink Maybe?