Grub isn't loading on dual boot

Kernels & Hardware, configuring network, installing services

Grub isn't loading on dual boot

Postby erfan » 2020-05-18 12:29

I have a bad problem. I have two storage devices installed on my laptop!(SSD & Hard Drive). I have installed Windows 10 lately on SSD, but now I want to install Kali Linux on my HDD. I installed it successfully(On Hard Drive). first time, I installed kali boot loader on Hard Drive, It doesn't load(I uninstalled kali completely), but second time I installed Grub boot loader on SSD(where is my windows 10 & windows boot loader installed.) It's working, but there is an other problem. The problem is when I boot my device on SSD Grub boot loader doesn't working well, and it shows an error: No such device found, but when I boot on Hard Drive it's working well.(I need to change the boot device with key F12 each time.) becuase of this problem I changed my boot order from diskette to hard drive, but it doesn't have effects(I need to change boot order with key F12 every single time.)

what should I do?
:?:
My system uses BIOS boot
erfan

Re: Grub isn't loading on dual boot

Postby cuckooflew » 2020-05-18 13:39

ASk the Kali forum, this is Debian User Forums
I don't know much about Kali, I think it is not intended to be installed to a HD, it is intended as USB device/system,...Also people that do not know how to trouble shoot , (EG: do some searches, etc.), Kali is not intended for incompetent use.
https://www.kali.org/docs/introduction/should-i-use-kali-linux/
If you are unfamiliar with Linux generally, if you do not have at least a basic level of competence in administering a system, if you are looking for a Linux distribution to use as a learning tool to get to know your way around Linux, or if you want a distro that you can use as a general purpose desktop installation, Kali Linux is probably not what you are looking for.

In addition, misuse of security and penetration testing tools within a network, particularly without specific authorization, may cause irreparable damage and result in significant consequences, personal and/or legal. “Not understanding what you were doing” is not going to work as an excuse.

However, if you’re a professional penetration tester or are studying penetration testing with a goal of becoming a certified professional, there’s no better toolkit — at any price — than Kali Linux.

With that said, it seems like "off topic" board would have been more appropriate.
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!
cuckooflew

Return to System configuration