Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Issues with Wi-Fi

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
Xmenrr

Issues with Wi-Fi

#1 Post by Xmenrr »

Hello everyone

I have upgraded my Debian to Debian 10, and I have problems with Wi-Fi I can see list of Wi-Fi networks but I can't connect to anyones anymore, I have Wi-Fi adapter qualcomm atheros ar9485 driver do you have any idea how I can get solution for this issue
Thanks

ruwolf

Re: Issues with Wi-Fi

#2 Post by ruwolf »

And what does it write?

stevepusser

#3 Post by stevepusser »

Well, you have one of the few wi-fi devices that does not need non-free firmware.

What exactly is the way it doesn't connect? Does the connection thingy just sit and spin? If a laptop, can you take it to a library or coffee shop and see if it connects to an open access point?

Or can you try a live session of something like Solidxk or MX Linux and see it it works there?
MX Linux packager and developer

Deb-fan

#4 Post by Deb-fan »

Say upgraded to 10, fresh Buster install or in place upgrade? Agree with the other posters, sharing any error messages you're getting or what's happening when you try to connect would be helpful. Of course also agree with @Stevep about testing connectivity on that PC with a live session makes sense. What/which network management software are you using? Is the correct SSID and password for your/the access point being used? Almost surely something simple(and/or stupid.) Is wifi disabled on it via something like pressing hotkeys, make sure wifi is even turned on?

Supposedly one of the most common and effective fixes in remote tech-support consists of "is it plugged in and turned on." Have done the wifi was disabled via Fn-key combo thing myself. DamMit, why isn't it working!?!?!! Oh ... wifi isn't on. :P
Most powerful FREE tech-support tool on the planet * HERE. *

Xmenrr

#5 Post by Xmenrr »

hi thanks your for replaying ,

i have this message of error when i try to connect to any WiFi : activation of network connection failed

And try different WiFi ...