Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Feature request: /var/run/reboot-required additional info

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
paratrap

Feature request: /var/run/reboot-required additional info

#1 Post by paratrap »

Hello!

I have idea: why not add additional information info '/var/run/reboot-required' about what package/binary requested reboot?

For example when package /usr/bin/dbus requested reboot after upgrade, it can add link to the dbus executable file into '/var/run/reboot-required'?

Right now file exists and stay empty (0 bytes) or does not exists, but it can contain related information, like package name / config file / binary file which requested reboot.

Not very hard to implement, but handy.

grep -l notify-reboot-required /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.postinst

LE_746F6D617A7A69

Re: Feature request: /var/run/reboot-required additional inf

#2 Post by LE_746F6D617A7A69 »

paratrap wrote:Not very hard to implement, but handy.
IMO there's no need to implement any changes -> such functionality can be provided trough existing package-triggers system.

The only problem I can see is that You have to convince Debian developers, not users ;)
Bill Gates: "(...) In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating system."
The_full_story and Nothing_have_changed