[?]Faster internet access by parallelly using multiple ISPs

Kernels & Hardware, configuring network, installing services

[?]Faster internet access by parallelly using multiple ISPs

Postby bkpsusmitaa » 2020-08-14 14:22

On the Internet, the search yields:

Can I use two ISP at the same time?
Generally no. Each ISP will give your connection an IP address from their own block and will verbally not allow other ISPs IP addresses to flow through their network. ... You will have two different addresses, one for each provider.
Can I use 2 different connections from separate ISPs at the same ...

Can you have two Internet providers at the same time?
There is no technical reason why you shouldn't be able to have two (or more) internet connections from different Internet Service Providers (ISP) or even from the same ISP. ... However, ISPs may have their own rules may need convincing to do this for a residence.
Is it possible to have two different internet providers in one house ...

Can I combine two Internet connections to get a faster connection?
One of the more interesting methods of combining multiple Internet connections involves the use of a local proxy on your computer. To do so, you can use a free software package such as Dispatch-proxy, which allows you to combine any number of different networks into one, unified connection point.Jan 15, 2018
Channel Bonding: How To Combine Internet Connections For Faster Speeds

How to Combine Multiple Internet Connections - Speedify
speedify.com › blog › how-to-combine-multiple-intern...
Jun 9, 2017 - Combining Multiple Internet Connections the Easy Way with Speedify. Do you have two or more Internet connections available from different ISPs? ... With Speedify you can easily use multiple Internet connections simultaneously for their ... Use 10 Internet Connections at the Same Time with Speedify! Info.

Aggregated DSL Connection - Set your network on autopilot.
Internet Bonding Appliance For More Reliable & Faster Internet Access! Avoid Internet downtime. Schedule your online demo. Aggregate Bandwidth. Models: Multi-WAN Bonding Routers, Multi-SIM 4G LTE Bonders, SD-WAN with autopilot.

What was found:
One developers group on GitHub is working on an apparently similar software, @rlindsberg, @alexkirsz. Developer rlindsberg and alexkirsz -'s dispatch-proxy

Query: Has any Debian user used this proxy software to increase internet data transfer speeds?
Last edited by bkpsusmitaa on 2020-09-07 06:57, edited 4 times in total.
Freedom is impossible to conceive.
Books that help:
Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends And Influence People and Emilie Post's Etiquette In Society, In Business, In Politics, And At Home
bkpsusmitaa

Re: [?]Faster internet access by parallelly using multiple I

Postby ruwolf » 2020-08-15 01:06

Are you asking something or do you give links to found pages only?
I use at home two connections from 2 different ISP simultaneously, with help by mini-router with multiple WAN ports...
ruwolf

Location: Slovakia, Banovce nad Bebravou, Matice slovenskej 1260/4-7

Postby bkpsusmitaa » 2020-08-15 13:02

ruwolf wrote:Are you asking something or do you give links to found pages only?

Dear Dr. Ruwolf, I am really sorry that I couldn't frame my questions. Given the frequency of replies that I have received, I thought I would gradually frame the post at leisure. It is indeed my good fortune that you arrived so quickly!
I have a hero here by the name of p.H who is very quick to provide solutions, but of late perhaps he is busy with some other work or might have some personal issues to address to.
So thank you.
ruwolf wrote:I use at home two connections from 2 different ISP simultaneously, with help by mini-router with multiple WAN ports...

Thank you for the unexpected reply. Do you get faster speeds with the two together than you would individually from each? Could you please post the product details please?

With the advent of bittorrent, I had expected that the same system with our subscriptions with multiple ISPs would greatly increase the download speeds, at most nearer to a+b+c+d+... (a,b,c,d, .. are speeds provided individual ISPs) even if not equal to the algebraic sum. Yes, I am aware that the two cases would not be equivalent, but in the end. what I am fetching is one top link and files below it. So file downloading would surely be able to pick up speed with multiple ISPs.

Anyway, thanks once more.
Regards
Books that help:
Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends And Influence People and Emilie Post's Etiquette In Society, In Business, In Politics, And At Home
bkpsusmitaa

Postby ruwolf » 2020-08-17 22:35

I can give you answer for cumulative speed, if you can give me address of available server(s), where I can download (and upload) files with higher speed than 70 Mbit/s (and 7 Mbit/s) to (and from) Slovakia.
ruwolf

Location: Slovakia, Banovce nad Bebravou, Matice slovenskej 1260/4-7

Postby bkpsusmitaa » 2020-08-21 15:09

ruwolf wrote:I can give you answer for cumulative speed, if you can give me address of available server(s), where I can download (and upload) files with higher speed than 70 Mbit/s (and 7 Mbit/s) to (and from) Slovakia.

Thank you for your kind offer. But I was only asking generally, as to what you have observed for your own uses. You could also look into the other queries I had asked in the earlier post.
BTW, I am from India.
But kindly reply at your own leisure. My requirement is not urgent.
Thank you once again for your kind response.
Regards
Books that help:
bkpsusmitaa

[Possible Soln] Faster internet parallelly using multiple IS

Postby bkpsusmitaa » 2020-09-07 09:40

What was found:
One developers group on GitHub is working on an apparently similar software, @rlindsberg, @alexkirsz. Developer rlindsberg and alexkirsz -'s dispatch-proxy

Query: Has any Debian user used this proxy software, dispatch-proxy, to increase internet data transfer speeds?

Dispatch-proxy. Next step is to set up this software to speed up internet access using services of multiple ISPs simultaneously.
Books that help:
bkpsusmitaa

Postby reinob » 2020-09-07 12:04

Get a router with openwrt (or replace the firmware with it) and use mwan3 (https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/net ... iwan/mwan3) to use multiple WANs (e.g. DSL and 4G) simultaneously.

Or just live with whatever speed you have. No debian package will, on its own, improve either latency or throughput of your connection.
reinob

Faster internet access by parallelly using multiple ISPs

Postby bkpsusmitaa » 2020-09-20 08:56

reinob wrote:Get a router with openwrt (or replace the firmware with it) and use mwan3 (https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/net ... iwan/mwan3) to use multiple WANs (e.g. DSL and 4G) simultaneously.

Or just live with whatever speed you have. No debian package will, on its own, improve either latency or throughput of your connection.

Wow!
Wow!!
Wow!!!

On a later date:
Dear Team Debian,
Please take this multi-ISP issue up, as a challenge, to show how good c-programmers really are to implement it at the software level? How can multiple ISPs in parallel, like Bittorrent client, be used to download faster than any one among them, be implemented.
I can intuit that the issue should be easy, as at a very low level, TCP/IP finds the shortest among many routes to download data bits. Choosing One among Many routes and then combining packets.

On a still later date:
The following Email was posted to Debian-user Forum:
Have Debian developers contemplated means of faster internet access, using in parallel multiple ISPs from Debian installed Lap- /Desk- tops?

I am presently in conversation with many gifted individuals. My latest Understanding is as follows:

TCP and UDP are presently used, but there appears to be inherent limitations in the protocols, as they were devised way back, and only patched upon a then lesser forward-looking code structure. Since the two don't allow parallel use of different ISPs to enhance data transfer speeds, some of their sections need be re-written.

Since computing is not my core field, I could only expect that some bright and gifted individuals develop a forward-looking flow-chart to allow future developments to continue.
Books that help:
bkpsusmitaa

Return to System configuration