intel card recognised but not used, llvmpipe used instead

Kernels & Hardware, configuring network, installing services

Re: intel card recognised but not used, llvmpipe used instea

Postby Deb-fan » 2020-11-02 10:41

^ Thanks for sharing some of thy compilation and nix graphics wizardry Stevep. So if getting this right, OP should pretty much go with using MX w AHS, at least that's what it sounds like would be easiest, either that or use the needed MX pkgs on Buster. Lol ... should've and started to just google llvm to see what the hades it is but nope, not going through all that to try n lend someone a hand.

Since it's been mentioned though, my take on the best solution to all things Virtualbox is don't use it, still have a hard time understanding with a well supported real hypervisor = KVM readily available, why people even bother with VB but hey, many obviously like it so whatever ...
Most powerful FREE tech-support tool on the planet * HERE. *
Deb-fan

Postby Bernoot » 2020-11-02 13:48

stevepusser wrote:You can get it to work on Debian correctly by either updating to Debian testing, adding the MX 19 main and AHS repos and updating your driver stack from there, or doing all the backports yourself (not a trivial job). All may have some hurdles.

OK, I'll try to update through debian testing repos. But that's unusual to me, so I need to read some doc first.
Thanks again for helping
Bernoot
Bernoot

Postby stevepusser » 2020-11-03 11:28

Do not try to just add the Debian testing repos to Buster and update Mesa, etc.--that way leads to madness unless you are an expert with pinning package versions. You have to use backported versions or do a full upgrade to testing--no half-measures.
MX Linux packager and developer
stevepusser

Previous

Return to System configuration