Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Hotspot with Android clients not working

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
morse_the_horse

Hotspot with Android clients not working

#1 Post by morse_the_horse »

I purchased a Panda wi-fi adapter and connected it along with my internal PC wi-fi to use the Dell Latitude E7270 with Buster computer as a hotspot. Android clients refuse to connect just "reconnecting" over and over. Another Debian laptop connects fine and uses the internet through the Latitude. The androids recognize the connection as they give me an error if I use the wrong password so they are communicating.

I then tried my Ubuntu 18.04 desktop connected to the internet by ethernet and the Panda connection from the Androids and that works fine.

I then reversed the connection on the Latitude so the Panda connected to the internet (works) and the internal wi-fi is the hotspot. Same problem. "Reconnecting" from Androids.

I then tried the Latitude using ethernet as internet connector and internal wi-fi as hotspot. Same problem. This tells me hotspot problems with Android have nothing to do with Panda but simply does not work.

Any suggestions?

Can't send attachments: "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

morse_the_horse

Re: Hotspot with Android clients not working

#2 Post by morse_the_horse »

Update: I tried a Roku and it connects without problems. Only Android phones fail.