Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

how to install OpenGL / get it to work ?

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
kau-92

Re: how to install OpenGL / get it to work ?

#16 Post by kau-92 »

Hello sorry its been a while.

( xrandr --listproviders ) prints the following :

Code: Select all

Providers: number : 2
Provider 0: id: 0x43 cap: 0xf, Source Output, Sink Output, Source Offload, Sink Offload crtcs: 2 outputs: 2 associated providers: 0 name:modesetting
Provider 1: id: 0xbc cap: 0xf, Source Output, Sink Output, Source Offload, Sink Offload crtcs: 4 outputs: 3 associated providers: 0 name:ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series @ pci:0000:01:00.0

( xrandr --setprovideroffloadsink 0x43 0x0 ) prints following :

X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  140 (RANDR)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  34 (RRSetProviderOffloadSink)
  Value in failed request:  0x43
  Serial number of failed request:  16
  Current serial number in output stream:  17
( xrandr --setprovideroffloadsink 0xbc 0x0 ) command completes without complaint, seems to work.

For both above I also tried to set 'provider' argument to ' name' (modesetting / ATI\ Mobility\ Radeon\ HD\ 5000\ Series\ @\ pci:0000:01:00.0 )

But when DRI_PRIME=1 ./thedarkmod.x64 is run, the same image quality comes up. Tried to start a gameplay but I can't see any start buttons clearly.
Also the visible text options are now in a language I don't know. could be I clicked some alternative language option.

how would you describe that grainy multi colour image quality? what does it imply the problem is? :?:

mm3100

#17 Post by mm3100 »

I used to see such grainy distorted images when playing old Anno games on wind 10. Game started in wrong resolution or wrong bit depth. Usually fix was to change resolution of the game so try that first if that helps, as for some reason some resolutions weren't working well with my system.

As for those igpu/dgpu connections, it seems you need to run it on dgpu, it shouldn't be needed to connect it through igpu. So in anyway you should run the game with DRI_PRIME=1 no matter what.

For test try to do this and then run the game, seems that your radeon dgpu's id is 0xbc, not 0x43 as I wrote, my bad I didn't read it well.

xrandr --setprovideroffloadsink 0xbc 0x0
Then run the game. This is just to be sure the game is still broken when dgpu is not connected to igpu.

Then compare to when connected.

xrandr --setprovideroffloadsink 1 0
And run again. In this case game is offloading opengl rendering to dgpu, while rest is done on igpu.

I hope that both will produce same result, that way you know it is not the combination or where the game is running but some other configuration at fault.

kau-92

#18 Post by kau-92 »

I ran ( xrandr --setprovideroffloadsink 0xbc 0x0 )
the graphics quality is grainy the same as before

I ran ( xrandr --setprovideroffloadsink 1 0 )
the graphics quality is identical, its the same grainy menu

I found a file in the directory called Darkmod.cfg ,
found a line lang which was set to russian, I set it to "english" and now I can read
parts of the menu options. Some of it is still obscured by the glitchy graphics.

There is following options :
seta r_aspectRatio "1"
seta r_customHeight "768"
seta r_customWidth "1366"

changing this height and width changes the game window size, but it did not fix the glitch issue.
(some height/width settings give a different glitchy look - eg. I see a magenta strip across the top)
Image from a small screen setting :

mm3100

#19 Post by mm3100 »

Can you place screenshot or copy what is the text in terminal after you run the game, maybe there is some clues there. Another thing is you could try to click on settings in the game and try to change resolution from inside the game.

And we have confirmed now that it is not combination of graphic cards which is the issue, but something else.