Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

TUN or VPN Tunneling configuration missing

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
mikejbedford

TUN or VPN Tunneling configuration missing

#1 Post by mikejbedford »

Hello all, new here.

I have a build of Debian Stretch which was actually provided by ASUS for their embedded (Raspberry PI like) devices. In particular, I am using the ASUS Tinkerboard Edge R device. They tout the version of Debian that they provide as being "Lite" since we are on an embedded device. I think it is no coincidence that some packages are missing and in my case, it is the TUN/VPN Tunneling stuff. In my use case, I need to use OpenVPN to connect the device to my VPN. I am getting all sorts of errors that basically boil down to the fact that it cannot find TUN, etc..

So, I know what the problem is, my question is, can I simply add the missing packages to the already installed instance of Debian? Sure, I know that I can find other versions (more of a full version) of Debian and flash that on the device instead and have what I need but at what cost? I know that ASUS built in many packages into their build that I will instead be missing if I do that. Therefore, it seems easier if I can just add TUN to this install.

Thanks!!

Mike

Bulkley

Re: TUN or VPN Tunneling configuration missing

#2 Post by Bulkley »

Shot in the dark: would vtun work?

Note: "VTun requires the universal TUN/TAP kernel module which can be found at http://vtun.sourceforge.net/tun/index.html or in the 2.4 and newer Linux kernels."