Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Help with NFS

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.

Help with NFS

#1 Post by Guest »

I have set up my NFS exports with /home/user ipaddress(rw,no_subtree_check)

I have the kernel server installed and NFS-common and NFS is running.

the problem is that unless I put "insecure" in my options list, my client cannot even connect and is told that authentication failed (I never even had a chance to put in a username or passwd). On top of that, even when they are connected, the client cannot delete files from the server via the nfs connection. I tried to put "anonuid= <uid>" in the options but that did not resolve the problem.

I had no problem with NFS when I was playing with Fedora and I love debian much more (it is less crufted up and more stable). What do I need to do in order to fix this problem?

Thanks[/i]

phaeton

#2 Post by phaeton »

What command are you using to mount the nfs share? Does the user trying to rw on the share have permissions to do that on the server? I believe nfs uses the uid of the user trying to use the share (doesn't prompt for username and password).

modmans2ndcoming

#3 Post by modmans2ndcoming »

I am exporting my user directory. I figured out why I need insecure. I tried accessing the NFS share via OS X's finder and I guess the port number is too high for secure.

I checked my User name and id number on the OS X machine and it is the same as the one on the server.