Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

php problems with squirrelmail and apache2

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
asimonelli

php problems with squirrelmail and apache2

#1 Post by asimonelli »

I'm trying to set up a web-mail server and right now I'm just testing some things out. I have the following packages installed:
- php4
- apache2
- libapache2-mod-php4
- squirrelmail
... and all of the dependencies.
Apache2 is running with "Include /etc/squirrelmail/apache.conf" only in httpd.conf. Squirrelmail is configured using 'squirrelmail-configure' command but when I try to test it all using 'http://my-squirrelmail-location/squirrelmail/src/configtest.php', I get a 500 Internal Server Error from Apache2/PHP4. Looking at the error.log file I get the following message:

[Tue Aug 30 15:06:30 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of script headers: configtest.php
[Tue Aug 30 15:06:30 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Error in suphp.c on line 244: Script is not in document root
[Tue Aug 30 15:06:31 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /var/www/favicon.ico

What is causing this problem? I've heard that you can't get around this problem without compiling suphp from source and telling it --disable-checkpath at compile. Is there some other way?

asimonelli

#2 Post by asimonelli »

Sorry, I'm just so inexperienced. I realized I needed to enable the PHP4 module using a2enmod php4 and other things.

By the way, the Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 Bible is a great resource! I highly recommend it. Click Here