Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

TO INSPECT BOOT ERROR MESSAGES?

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
grautu

TO INSPECT BOOT ERROR MESSAGES?

#1 Post by grautu »

Hello!
My system (Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 "sarge") behaves annoying and some error messages can be observed during the boot process. However I cannot inspect them as they are scrolling on screen, so does anybody know of some system log files to record (and eventually inspect) the error messages of the last boot process? Or, at least, is available an interactive "stop&run" option for this boot process? (The Debian based Knoppix does offer such an interactive boot option).
Thanks in advance for any hint!

Harold

#2 Post by Harold »

After booting and logging in, do dmesg | less to review the messages that scrolled by during bootup. You might want to delete old entries in /var/log/dmesg before you do this. As far as freezing the screen during startup, I think that the scroll lock key will get the job done.