Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

User account permissions

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
root04

User account permissions

#1 Post by root04 »

Just created user "test1". Im now trying to upload files with WinSCP. Copying goes good in home/test1. But when i created home/test1/public_html and try to upload files there, it says:

Cannot create remote file
Permission denied.
Error code: 3
Error message from server: Permission denied (*)
Request code: 3

So where can i edit user account permissions?

Also when i try to look home/test1/public_html in internet:
You don't have permission to access /~test1/ on this server.

root04

#2 Post by root04 »

Ive done some research now:

"There are two different ways to handle user web directories. The first is to have a subdirectory under the users home directory (usually public_html). The second is to have an entirely different directory tree for web directories. With both methods make sure set the access options for these directories in the access.conf file."

OK, but how do i configure access.conf. Or is my problem totally elsewhere...

Is here some people who had configured web-server and user accounts to use it?

Oh, and how do i restart my apache web-server?

root04

#3 Post by root04 »

Well. Keywords was "chmod" and apache config files. Maybe i try to install webmin...

Je

#4 Post by Je »

I am not sure to understand your problem but make sure you didn't created public_html as a different user than test1. For instance if public_html has been created as root you can't access it as user test1.
The problem doesnt seem to be an apache problem.

root04

#5 Post by root04 »

Good point. Thx.