Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to change locales? ... in fluxbox?

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.

How to change locales? ... in fluxbox?

#1 Post by Guest »

Hi everyone!

I'm user of Debian (sarge) for short while and I cannot find way to change locales when using fluxbox. I have install Ukrainian and English and German but I need to change between these languages for writing. I use English locale for default system now because this helps me learn the language too. ;)

I'm not fan of KDE (not very very small) so I like fluxbox to manage windows. So there is way to change locale in KDE but not fluxbox? Could someone help me with this?

Thanks

Stepan

Harold

#2 Post by Harold »

First do # dpkg-reconfigure locales and select the locales that you want to use. Write your choices down somewhere, we will need that information. Are you using KOI8-U?

After that, we need to make sure that the locales are loaded when you boot your computer. I have not done this in a while, and it will take me a couple of hours to remember the procedure.