Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

base-config

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
mithereal

base-config

#1 Post by mithereal »

how do i customise the base-config scripts so as when i chk the desktop environment during install it onlyinstalls icewm an wmaker i odnt need gnome or kde and i want to distribute to linux noobs ive looked everyehwere in the script and asked in lq and no one knows so this is the next logical place to look i guess.

Harold

#2 Post by Harold »

base-config? Package maintainer's notes say: This package handles setting up the Debian base system. It contains the configuration program you see when you install Debian for the first time and boot up your new Debian system. It can be removed with no ill effects -- once your Debian system is installed, this package's only useful function is to allow you to reconfigure some things.

I suggest that you do the base install without selecting desktop environment, then, at the console prompt, do # apt-get install x-window-system-core gdm icewm wmaker.