Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

ifup/ifdown configuration

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.

ifup/ifdown configuration

#1 Post by Guest »

Hi All,

Using sarge. I noticed recently with ifdown and dhclient3 that when you issue "ifdown eth1", it does a DHCPRELEASE. I would just as soon not release the address. Running "ifdown -n -v eth1" shows:

Configuring interface eth1=eth1 (inet)
run-parts --verbose /etc/network/if-down.d
dhclient3 -r -pf /var/run/dhclient.eth1.pid -lf /var/run/dhclient.eth1.leases eth1
ifconfig eth1 down
run-parts --verbose /etc/network/if-post-down.d

I'd like to remove the "-r" from the dhclient3 line (or perhaps replace this line entirely with something different), but I can't seem to figure out where ifdown is getting this command from. Can someone point me to where ifdown gets this? I've tried /etc/network/interfaces, but with various pre-down, down, or post-down lines in the stanza for eth1 all I've managed to accomplish is to add extra commands for ifdown to run. I can't get rid of or change the dhclient line that's already there.