Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Compiling the kernel

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
Alberto

Compiling the kernel

#1 Post by Alberto »

Hello,
I wanted to install KlamAv on my SimplyMEPIS-3.3.1-1 (Debian based), so I dowloaded the installer and started the process which aborted due to the lack of 2.6.10 kernel source files. I installed them and tried again but now I obtained this error log issue: "...error: capabilities are built-in to the kernel: you will need to recompile a kernel with capabilities as a kernel module".
So, I had a look at some kernel compilation procedure found in the Web, but, as a beginner I don't have a deep knwledge of it, so, I'll be grateful to you if you give me some advice, so that I can compile a new kernel that has to be exactly the same as my active one except for "capabilities" that must be compiled as kernel module.
Best Regards

domecq
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

#2 Post by domecq »