Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Epson printer and Adobe Acrobat Reader

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
Alberto

Epson printer and Adobe Acrobat Reader

#1 Post by Alberto »

Hello,
I have configured my Epson Stylus Photo 830 with my SimplyMEPIS-3.3.1-1 (Debian based) successfully and the test page was printed OK, but when I try to print a document (a plain text one, e.g.)suddenly it opens an Adobe Acrobat Reader page and an error message is issued: "Adobe Reader could not open 'kdeprint_IODQCLB6' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged...".
I wonder why Adobe Reader opens as it shouldn't have any relationship with such printing process.
Can you help me in fixing this problem?
Best Regards

#2 Post by Guest »

Might it be that in the printing options you have something like 'print to pdf' or something of the kind? That might perhaps cause your .pdf reader to open. Have you tried to use gnome desktop instead of KDE?

grautu

#3 Post by grautu »

Hi!
I've faced identical problems in Slackware 10.2 and SuSE 9.3 (upgraded). Curiously, my Debian does work well at this point. My guess is that some filters "to PostScript" are not seen properly.